One Innovation Way Woodstock, Georgia 30188
The Cherokee Office of Economic Development (COED) is looking for a Marketing and Communications Specialist who is invested in supporting economic growth to produce an opportunity-rich future for the businesses and residents of Cherokee County and the surrounding region.
The Marketing and Communications Specialist will provide external marketing support and manage internal communications for COED and its affiliated programs, including Cherokee By Choice, Fresh Start Mornings, NAV Mentoring Service, Film in Cherokee, Workforce Collaboration, Be Pro Be Proud Georgia, and The Circuit. This person will utilize innovative marketing trends to develop customer communications to support community growth and engage key private and public sector stakeholders for the organization.
The role will create clear and consistent communication of our value proposition and key offerings, including the development of infrastructure, expansion existing industry, promotion of entrepreneurship, and attraction of new business investment and quality employment opportunities.
The successful candidate will possess strong project management and storytelling skills.
Due to the highly collaborative culture and multitude of functions hosted by COED, this is not offered as a remote position.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
• Develop marketing and communication strategies for multiple channels, including social media, email updates, event collateral, magazines, advertorials, newspaper, partner/stakeholder communication, campaigns, etc.
• Collaborate with leadership and program managers to produce a variety of copy concepts and creative designs to promote a clear brand message
• Create and manage editorial and content calendars for all channels
• Ensure that most up-to-date information is published to website
• Manage and track engagement on social media accounts, responding to all inquiries, comments, and direct messages
• Draft talking points for presentations and assist with event planning for trade shows, community events, and conferences (attendance at events outside of regular work hours may be required)
• Serve as a point of contact for media representatives to coordinate requests for interviews, statements, press releases, etc.
• Stay up-to-date with economic, social and industry trends as well as audience sentiment impacting the region's employers and citizens.
• Identify SEO, social media, and marketing trends that should be implemented to improve the organization's marketing and communications.
• Report channel and website analytical data and associated marketing KPIs and ROIs to leadership
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or closely related field
• Minimum of 2 years’ professional level experience working in public relations, marketing, or media
• Experience designing and modifying graphics, photography, and other digital assets
• Experience with curating social media content for Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter platforms using Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) Canva, Brandfolder and Hootsuite
• Experience updating website using WordPress
• Experience in AP style
• Excellent communication (oral and written), presentation and proofreading skills
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong team player with the ability to work effectively with stakeholders and COED staff
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet firm deadlines
• Familiarity with the Cherokee County, Georgia community, including government, business, and educational institutes
• An understanding of economic and community development and non-profit organizations