Corporate operations encompass functions necessary for a company to operate their business. The sectors that comprise this targeted sector are finance/insurance, corporate headquarters, and technical support centers. Finance/insurance processing companies provide services ranging from credit card processing, electronic funds transfer and check clearing. A corporate headquarters is the main office of a business, while a regional headquarters operation reports to a corporate headquarters and typically provides a specific support function, such as sales or customer service for that region. Technical support centers require highly knowledgeable employees to provide troubleshooting and guidance to customers via telephone or online.
Metro Atlanta has more Fortune 500 company headquarters than Dallas and Nashville combined
Reinhardt University offers 43 programs of study that include a Bachelor of Business Administration degree
80% of the United States market is within a two-hour flight from Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport
Cherokee County is 45 minutes from Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport
717 Corporate Operations establishments are located in Cherokee County
International companies from 12 countries are represented in Cherokee County:
- The Netherlands
- The United Kingdom
- 42 percent of residents in Cherokee County hold an Associates degree or higher and 24 percent of residents hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Within a 30-minute drive time of Canton (the county seat of Cherokee County), there is a population of approximately 519,000 and within a 60-minute drive time of Canton there is a population of more than 3 million.
- There are an estimated 717 Corporate Operations establishments located in Cherokee County.
- More than 111,300 workers in the Cherokee County Market Area are employed in the Corporate Operations industry.
- The Corporate Operations industry is projected to grow 7.5 percent between 2017 and 2022 in the Cherokee County Market Area.
- White-collar employment in Cherokee County totals nearly 68 percent.
- Cherokee County is projected to lead the Atlanta metro area with an 166 percent increase in jobs through 2040.
- Metro Atlanta has more headquartered Fortune 500 companies than Dallas and Nashville combined.
- Reinhardt University, located in Waleska, offers 43 programs of study of which include a Bachelor of Business Administration degree with an emphasis in accounting, management, marketing and general business.
- Nearby Kennesaw State University offers business degrees in accounting, economics, entrepreneurship, finance, information systems, information security and assurance, international business, management, marketing and professional sales. Kennesaw State University also offers dual Master of Business Administration degrees, in addition to a Master of Accounting, Healthcare Management and Informatics, and Information Systems.
Cost of Doing Business
- Georgia has the second lowest cost of doing business, according to CNBC’s Top States for Doing Business.
Proximity to Markets
- 80 percent of the U.S. market is within a two-hour flight from Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport, which is located approximately 45 minutes from Cherokee County.
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport offers direct flights to 150 domestic and 70 international locations.
- Cherokee County is 45 minutes from Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
- Two regional airports service Cherokee County: Cherokee County Regional Airport in Ball Ground and the McCollum Field Airport in nearby Cobb County, Georgia.
- The Cherokee County Regional Airport recently underwent a $34 million expansion.
- Major U.S. highways that service Cherokee include Highway 5, Highway 20, Highway 92, Highway 106, Highway 140, Highway 372 and Highway 754. In addition, I–575 runs through the heart of Cherokee County and I–75 is within minutes of Cherokee County.
Quality of Place
- There are ample cultural, recreational, and entertainment amenities in Cherokee County including:
- Endless hiking and biking trails
- Lake Allatoona
- Chukkar Farm Polo Club
- Pristine golf courses
- The Elm Street Cultural Arts Village
- Falany Performing Arts Center
- Northside Hospital recently completed a $286 million campus in Canton.
- Fresh Start Cherokee provides educational programming and support for startups in Cherokee County.
- The Circuit, located in Woodstock, provides a physical gathering space for entrepreneurs and startups.
- International companies represent the following countries in Cherokee County: Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
- The Atlanta region is the number one metro area destination for foreign investment by average project value in 2015.