Film & Media
The 2023 Cherokee Film Summit will be held on March 16, 2023 from 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm, at the YANMAR//EVO Center.
The power-packed day will consist of two events; a summit for Cherokee County School District CTAE Audio/Video Technology & Film Pathway students and an evening event to connect the local film industry.
Designed to cultivate our film community by bringing business partners, film industry professionals, and local creatives together to create meaningful connections, the in-person Cherokee Film Summit features breakout sessions, networking, and expert panelists to ignite your reel ideas and provides connections for seeing them through.
For more information on the Cherokee Film Summit, email Film Project Manager Molly Mercer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770.345.0600.
Go All Access with New “Filmed In Cherokee” App
The “Filmed in Cherokee” Mobile App offers an interactive experience that takes users on a behind-the-scenes tour of fan-favorite film locations. Developed in partnership with Woodstock-based digital product design and development agency Black Airplane, the Filmed in Cherokee App features on-set photos, insider stories, and fun facts on why each film location was selected.
Once downloaded, users can learn about each film’s storyline through bonus, behind-the-scenes content, discover tips for connecting with Cherokee’s film community, and snap a selfie while visiting the locations of these fan-favorite movie and tv productions:
- American Made
- Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul
- Doctor Sleep
- Dolly Parton’s Heartstrings
- Hidden Figures
- Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made
- The Founder
- The Outsider
- The Resident
Scenes from the Cherokee Film Summit
More than 11,700 workers in Cherokee County are employed in the film and media industry
Georgia offers free scouting assistance for films, videos, and movies
Over 75 films, television series, and video projects have been filmed in Cherokee County
Georgia’s film tax incentive can reduce production expenditures by up to 30%
88 film and media establishments are located in Cherokee County
There are more than 1000 production suppliers and support vendors in Georgia’s deep crew base
Cherokee County is a Camera Ready Community
Producers & Investors
Creative by design. Collaborative by nature. Cherokee by Choice.
Not only do Cherokee’s stunning vistas and eclectic cities make excellent locations for your next film project (as they did for 27 in 2017 alone), but they provide a great place for your creative team to live, work and play. Just ask any one of our incredible industries, like adidas or YANMAR, who found Cherokee’s sustainability, greenspace, infrastructure, and proximity to Atlanta to be wins on their checklist of must-haves. Whether it’s a post-production suite, animation studio, sound stage, or a writer’s room you have in mind, Cherokee’s visionary and collaborative approach to economic development makes it the ideal place to take your project from dream to reality. Cherokee is the choice.
- Georgia offers a tax incentive of up to 30 percent of production expenditures occurring in the state.
- Close proximity to Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson International Airport, which offers direct flights to over 150 domestic and 70 international destinations
- Cherokee County Airport is able to accommodate private jets.
- Georgia has one of the deepest, most affordable and experienced crew bases in the country with more than 1,000 production suppliers and support vendors.
- Much of Cherokee County is within the 30-mile radius “bubble” emanating from the State Capitol
- More than 11,700 workers in the Cherokee County Market Area are employed in the Film and Media Industry
- The Film and Media Industry is projected to grow by 9.5 percent between 2017 and 2022 in the Cherokee County Market Area.
- Cherokee is a great place to live, work and play
Making sure that our current and developing workforce are camera ready.
- 42 percent of residents in Cherokee County hold an Associates degree or higher and 24 percent of residents hold a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Chattahoochee Technical College offers degrees, diplomas and technical certificates in design and media production technology and television production technology, Reinhardt University offers a Bachelor of Arts in Digital Film and Video, and Kennesaw State University offers a minor in Film Studies, with an emphasis on screenwriting
- All 6 high schools in Cherokee County have broadcast media production classes.
Location Managers and Scouts
Choosing Cherokee’s experienced Camera Ready Community means you can expect:
- Complimentary assistance with locations and scouting
- Cherokee’s accommodating and fluid permitting process
- Coordination with Off Duty Police, EMS, Traffic Control, Fire or other safety personnel
- Assistance in locating basecamp options, dining facilities, or other production related needs
For assistance, please contact Molly Mercer Camera Ready Liaison · 770-345-0600 (Office) · 770-378-6945 (Mobile) · email@example.com
Ozark was filmed at multiple locations throughout Cherokee, including Canton, Woodstock, Holly Springs, and on beautiful Lake Allatoona.
“Cherokee has been a fantastic place for us to work. We’ve been well-assisted with permitting, and the local law enforcement understands our needs. When we returned for Season 2, they didn’t miss a beat. It was seamless.”Wes Hagan, Supervising Locations Manager, Ozark (Netflix TV Series, Season 2)
Live in Cherokee and want to get in on the action? Get linked up below!
For upcoming acting jobs in your area, register at the Georgia Film Office’s Help Wanted Hotline.
List Your Property for Film
The Georgia Film Office has provided a way for all Georgia property owners to list their home or property to be considered as a filming location. Follow these instructions, or contact our office directly to list your property! Molly Mercer · 770-345-0600 · firstname.lastname@example.org
Coursework and Workshops
- The Georgia Film Academy offers an 18 credit hour program designed to develop your craft and on-set readiness through coursework and a paid internship.
- Chattahoochee Tech offers an Associates Degree in Television Production Technology and in Design and Media Production Technology
- Reinhardt University offers a Bachelor of Arts in Digital Film and Video
- Kennesaw State University offers a minor in Film Studies
- Where can I take specialty workshops?
Support Services for the Film Industry
Whether it’s catering, manicures, golf carts, or taffy-pulling, you may be just the business a production team may need for their shoot. List your local support service or business today!
Where can I get information about casting services or becoming an extra?
Film Crew Experience?
List your professional on-set experience and availability with the Georgia Reel Crew.
Cherokee County In the Movies
Take a look at just a few of Cherokee’s most recent silver screen appearances!